Orracle and Family

Orracle and Family

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"The Streak Has Ended" or "Those %#@!#& Bastards!"

I realize that the title resembles the continuation of a Rocky & Bullwinkle skit (If you don't get it, you are too young).


I did our taxes last night. It went something like this:


1) Enter Lyle's W-2. Estimated refund: $2700

2) Enter Jessica's W-2. Estimated repayment: $4200

That's OK....I just have not entered our mortgage interest or any other deductions....don't panic.


3) Enter deductions. Your bottom line: Pay Federal taxes = $1800.


Questions:

Are you rich? No we are not rich. We barely pay our bills.

Next Question: No, we or Jess did not claim too many deductions

Last question please!: Well, that extra income was nice but it not like we are rolling in the cash!


WTF? I mean.....I had this money spent! Don't say what Jess said...."You always spend money before it is in your hands!" I have NEVER not received a return! NEVER!


So how do you propose I find money to go to Vegas for Alicia's wedding? Odd jobs? Babysitting? Maybe I could get a job watching the Seven Seeds. How bad could it be? Then again, I have read this blog religiously...those kids would kill a weakling like me. Need a new plan. I welcome your comments and suggestions on how I can make up this deficit.


On the brightside, we will receive a $1300 return from Wisconny....so I suppose I am only out $500 but being out is being out. I should have listened to Al and folded when I had the chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need a loophole.....spend six to seven months of the year in the middle east. Pay no Tax, in fact qualify for EIC and have the gov't pay you $5K for making $150K.

The ORRacle!

The ORRacle!