Orracle and Family

Orracle and Family

Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Rough Life....Obviously

This has really been bugging me. For two consecutive weeks, when I opened up the StarTribune Sunday paper and looked at the Arts & Entertainment section, they lead with a photo. Might be an artist. Might be a musician. Might be a writer. I don't care and I don't get past the stupid photo. Here is one of them:





These people are given the gift of a front page story. Their careers must be good. Why do they look like they are suffering some ungodly strife? Are they dying? Do they wish they were dying? Did their dog just die? Do cameras make them want to die?

I just don't get it. Is this ART? I guess I understand why I failed art in 8th grade. Yes, an F. Why you ask? Simple. Making mobiles and drawing stick figures is nothing but busywork to me. Give me wood (easy now, not that kind of wood) and a saw and I will make you something that will last for 100 years or more. A mobile? A stupid clay ashtray? Don't waste my time.



On the bright side, I guess I will never have to pose for a picture that makes the world believe that my life really, truly sucks as is the case with these people.

No comments:

The ORRacle!

The ORRacle!