Orracle and Family

Orracle and Family

Thursday, May 15, 2008

LIVING LIVE! James Taylor and Joe Walsh - Steamroller

Back on Feburay 18th, I mentioned that I wanted to emulate (a.k.a. "copy") a them used by another blogger. He posts a theme called "Way Back Wednesday" which shows a YouTube video of some older song. I liked the idea but wanted to share live songs. I think I want to call this "Living Live" since no days of the week start with "L". Plus, to even begin to think I could do this with any sense of schedule is simply a joke.

Here is my first one. I know Al would assume Garth might be my first post but it is not. I am hitting 2 great musicians here. Joe Walsh and James Taylor. Steamroller live is a great song. I have one recording where James even scats a "MFer" in the end which is classic. Add in the great blues riffs by Joe and you have a hell of a live performance.

One more note to this song (and any others), I have a sincere love for the sound of a Hammond B-3 organ. When played right, it will instantly pulsate chills up and down my spine. There is a nice B riff at about 2 minutes into this song. I have always wanted to compile a CD with the best B-3 solos.

EDIT: When I added my tags, etc - I lost the inserted YOUTUBE view. Until I figure out how to do that on my own, here is a link to the video.

JAMES TAYLOR and JOE WALSH - STEAMROLLER LIVE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.

The ORRacle!

The ORRacle!