Orracle and Family

Orracle and Family

Friday, January 25, 2008

Booked!

From time to time, I like to share what I am reading with others that scan my blog. To levelset, I am traditionally a biography reader and also like non-fiction books by people like Charles Kuralt and books on the Apollo Space Program. I suppose that is somewhat natural based on my blog style in hindsight.

In the last year or so, I have ventured more into fiction and am finding it a nice diversion. My most recent completion was suggested to me by my good friend Al Kunz. The book is Monkeewrench by P.J. Tracy. This is a mother-daughter writing team and their first book. I found it well written and a good murder/investigation/detectives story. The book is set in Minnesota and Wisconsin which is always appealing to me with the landmarks and references very easy to visualize. I found the beginning to jump around quite a bit and therefore a little confusing trying to remember certain rarely mentioned characters to that point. Overall, a really good book. I will be reading their other books in this series as well.

Coming February 19 is Stalked. This is book 3 in a series by Brian Freeman. The first two books were Immoral and Stripped and were both very excellent suspense thrillers to read. Brian is also a Minnesota based author and while the series originates in MN, it travels to Las Vegas just like every Minnesotan does but will find a route back to MN in Stalked. Detective Jonathan Stride and Serena Dial make this series hotter than the pistol of the killers!

I look forward to your comments and suggestions for more books like these!

Here's hoping you are surprised by the twists and turns in life like those in a good book,
The Orracle

No comments:

The ORRacle!

The ORRacle!