Orracle and Family

Orracle and Family

Friday, August 26, 2011

Little of This, Little of That...

As I get to know more people in our Florida office, the more I like it down here.  The people in our office are SO warm and friendly.  I want to welcome a couple of ladies from the Florida office to the Orracle pages!  I am excited to share ideas and maybe start some walking groups down in that office. 

A word on WHACK.... It looks to be spreading again!  It is like Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution except just WHACK!  HA!  I love it when someone tries it and they say how much they love it.  Better yet is when they say how good they felt that day and how they were not hungry.  That is the beauty of Breakfast Whack.  I literally don't leave home without it.
One thing that I was thinking about this week was how we are truly products of our environment and while we cannot control every aspect of our environment, we can avoid putting ourselves in situations that may become higher risk depending on who you are and what your vices are.  If you take the steps necessary to control the situations you are in, you stand a much better chance of succeeding and meeting any goals you are trying to reach. 

I also wanted to put a link to a great post by Bob Wright on the H3 blog related to the newest fad diet, the HCG diet.  In South Florida, I have seen ads on TV for this and even had a conversation with a server at Red Lobster about it.  At the risk of restating Bob's thoughts - I'll give you my perspective....

When I first heard of this, my first thoughts were related to the calorie restrictions.  First of all, are you losing weight rapidly because of the drug or because of the calorie restrictions?  Secondly, if this diet is so amazing, why do you have to restrict your intake so much?  Lastly, what is their suggested plan for when you finish the 500 calorie regiment?  My hunch is that you will go back to what you were doing before. 

Now, even eating healthy, I could restrict myself to 500 calories.  The truth is, I am not on a diet.  I am living this way.  There will be a day when I stop losing weight but continue to eat this way.  It does seem simple when I think about it but before my eye-opening, life changing experience at H3, I like so many others just did not see this simple solution.  We are blinded by the thousands of diets, books and TV shows with every other concoction for weight loss success when in reality they are just short term fixes and usually very restrictive.

Have a great weekend everyone!  Keep thinking wellness and keep living well!

1 comment:

Diane said...

I had WHACK this morning - YUM! :)

The ORRacle!

The ORRacle!