Orracle and Family

Orracle and Family

Friday, July 1, 2011

Burgers and Fries and Beers, OH MY!

Fast food and beer? I saw this story today in USA Today. I am so torn on this decision. As many of you know, fast food was one of my biggest obsessions and vices. I LOVED….fast food. Pick a restaurant, any restaurant. I can name you my top 10 items right off the cuff. That of course was the ‘Old Orracle’.

On one hand, I think introducing beer and wine will exacerbate the problem of too many calories in a meal with the addition of the beer and wine. On the other hand maybe it will drive some parents away with their children which would be a good thing. Keeping that taste out of the mouths of our children would not be a bad thing. I realize there is still the drive thru to get a bag of calories. Speaking of the drive thru, does that mean I can get a beer to go….maybe I will reconsider my abstinence from fast food! Of course I am kidding.

One thought was about the wine. Are they getting ‘good’ wine or are they getting Mad Dog 20/20? Perhaps Mogen David or Boone’s? I can see some low-roller hitting the joint for a burger and some tater tots and throwing in some Mad Dog but any real wine snob would not drink those lowly wines. On the other hand, I highly doubt most of your wine aficionados eat many meals at Sonic or Burger King.

If times are really getting tough enough for fast food eateries to have to boost sales with alcohol, I guess that means we are eating less of that junk food. Maybe it is just the lack of money from the Orracle that has driven this deficit in their cash flow!

No comments:

The ORRacle!

The ORRacle!