Orracle and Family

Orracle and Family

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Who Has Gas?

Yes, second post today. I wanted to post about New Richmond living and I wanted to post about this and the two just don't go together.

Our van. Broken gas gauge for nearly 2 years. $5o0 to fix. No need! I can just track my mileage on the odometer and fill when it gets to the limit, right? That plan has worked flawlessly.



Based on worst case scenario mileage, I can go 400 miles. I have pushed it to 420 and still had almost a gallon in the tank when I filled. Today, I left home with 368 miles on the tank.

"I can make Burkhardt". Yes, there is a BP that I can see from my house but their pumps are slow. The Cenex in Burkhardt has FAST pumps. I will get $10 there and fill in Woodbury to avoid WI gas tax which is higher than MN. (Currently, $2.84 in MN and $2.99 in WI).

I turned the corner, almost to the station and the car started to stutter. NO. Must be my imagination.

CRAP! I am running out and I just used the brake on that corner back there! I coasted as far as I could.

BAD NEWS: Did not make the station.
GOOD NEWS: Less the 1/2 mile from the station.

Now, I have always been the guy to laugh at the schmuck carrying the gas can down the road. WHAT A LOSER! WHO RUNS OUT OF GAS? Sheesh!

News flash. I do. I am that loser.

I bought my gallon, had to face at least 100,000 cars on my humiliation walk back to the van where Jessa sat under a blanket knitting.

Why did it run out less than 400 miles? Winter. Warm up time. Idling in the driveway. Does not add miles to the odometer. That's how.

So call me names. I ran out of gas. I am a dumb ass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a dumbass! Now that I have called you out...I will most likely break down on the side of the road. You dumbass! HA HA HA HA!

Anonymous said...

I'd never call anyone a dumbass for that. Word might get back to Stormy and I'd be eating my words. Sometimes I'm just too stupid to look at my working gauge.

The ORRacle!

The ORRacle!