Orracle and Family

Orracle and Family

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Changing It Up and Making a Mental Connection

This week I realized that with my achilles healed up, I am back to running on a regular schedule and it feels great.  My stamina is better than ever and my distances keep increasing at faster paces.  My first sub 30 minute 5K is right around the corner. 

I have known for a while that I need to change things up.  I lift from time to time but not enough. 

After my run Monday night, I was pretty tired but as I walked out of the gym, the medicine balls caught my eye.  Hmpf, what harm could a few Wall-balls do? 

I proceeded to do 3 sets of 25 Wall-balls with just 45 seconds of rest between (video below).


That was 2 days ago.  My legs are destroyed!  It reminds me of the last time I did them with Jeff at Crossfit Hilton Head.  Same result. 

It is hurting me bad but the pain reminds me of why we need to change things up.  Go to something new.  Go to something old, just do something different.  For those of you that do not have any exposure to Crossfit, most of their drills are simple exercises like this.  Nothing complex, no big machines.  Just you and a few moves....and you can feel that burn.

It was great to see Jeff in August in Louisville, September at Hilton Head Health and again down in Miami.  While it would be great to hang out once a month with him, I can always just do some of these Wall-balls and every step I take makes me think of how he pushed me every step in every class and every training session. 

Reach into your memory of a fitness session or even if it is not fitness related and make a connection with someone by doing something they would want to do right next to you.  You will be channeling their energy and in this case, a little pain!

No comments:

The ORRacle!

The ORRacle!