Orracle and Family

Orracle and Family

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Still Lost?

I was out for a bike ride down here in Miramar, FL last week and as I cruised through a business park, I saw a guy in a delivery truck clearly lost.  He was trying to find a business within a maze of buildings and offices.  Furthermore, the roads are all names similarly like Commerce Way, Commerce Parkway, Commerce Drive, etc. 

As a frequent business traveler, when I visit a new area, I am sure to bring my GPS with me.  Most people have them either as portable units, in-dash units or on smartphones.  It is cheap, accessible technology.  How can a delivery truck not have this technology?  It baffles me.


Similarly, as people navigate the complex pathways before them to get to a healthy weight or even maintain a health weight and lifestyle, you do not have to do this with blindfolds on.  Besides the obstacles out in the real world to deal with, we all have to deal with the multi-billion dollar diet and weight loss industry which is clouded with sometimes ineffective information such as fad diets and schemes that those of us that fell to their lure in the past know are not long term solutions for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.  Much like people without a GPS to find their way in a car, it baffles me that people do not use the resources available to them to navigate this route! 

Tools exist to take away that feeling of being lost or going in circles.  Know your RMR!  Go to a good calculator and figure it out!  Use tools such as a Fitbit!  Use online or smartphone tools like Calorieking and My Fitness Pal to track activity and intake. 

If you need that support from a professional to help navigate the upcoming challenges, you might want to enroll in a coaching program such as H3@Home which is one that I have a very positive experience with. 

Don't be lost.  Find a set of effective tools and navigation devices to lead you to your goal. 
You must have a good roadmap. 
You must know where you are going or like the delivery driver, you sit and look around, lost.

No comments:

The ORRacle!

The ORRacle!