Orracle and Family

Orracle and Family

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Something's Fishy

I stumbled on this story on CNN about a man that is upset with a local bar for cutting him off from the AYCE fish fry (that is shorthand for those of us that have a tendency to look for All You Can Eat foods). 

Maybe I should rewind a little for those not local.  In Wisconsin and certainly neighboring states, the Friday Fish Fry is not just a Lent thing.  This is a year around tradition.  Some are ACYE but not all.  Usually they are 2-3 big pieces of fish with slaw and fries (slightly more calories than you should eat regularly).  You can ask anyone who has the best fish fry in any community and the answer is usually unanimous.  Around New Richmond where I live, it is the 4 Corners Bar just outside of town on the way to Amery. 

This guy has decided to take on his local place because they cut him off.  Now, I get his point....AYCE should mean that.  That is where my solidarity for this guy ends. 

If he looked like 105 pound Sonya Thomas, a.k.a. The Black Widow, I might even have to stop writing now.  This guy does not look healthy at all. 



When I was eating too much, all the time, I did not look very healthy either.  When I visited an AYCE plated restaurant, even I filled up and certainly would not keep eating even when I still had 'room'.  It was a visual stigma that I felt everyone had towards me.  Even at Old Country Buffet I overate like crazy but always felt like I needed to hold back a little.  In short, I was very self conscious about what I looked like and how I was perpetuating that look.

I would be SO embarrased to be on CNN, front and center with this story.  It is gluttony at its worst and unfortunately it is happening in my state. 

See the news video here:  http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/151468665.html

No comments:

The ORRacle!

The ORRacle!