Orracle and Family

Orracle and Family

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year.....Finally!

Here we are with 2009. I'll say it again....FINALLY! I like the holidays. Ah, let me adjust, I like most things about the holidays. It comes down to gifts. It is not the financial "hit" you take.....that does not bother me. It is the simple act of going, finding, thinking and buying what you think is a good thing for person "X" but really they could do without. You know this because they get you the same thing. Not the same thing - but just another thing that is nice but you could do without.

I love buying the kids - mine and others tons of things. That is what I love most. For adults, I think it is time for our families to do the name drawing thing and buy one big gift for one person.....from a LIST! It would be so much simpler! We live in a day and age where for the most part, most people but what they want for themselves.

Hey, I **LIKE** that.
And then you go buy it.
Somehow we get through these holidays every year. Maybe someday we'll get to just do the get together....the dinner (I'll even cook again)....and just celebrate not being at work and watching the kids have fun. Don't buy me anything. I really don't need it anyway.
Happy New Year to everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I've cancelled the order for the late gift just in time. You didn't need to see Billy Joel from the front row at Madison Square Garden anyway. Thanks for the heads up.

Al

The ORRacle!

The ORRacle!